Saturday, October 31, 2009

No Trick-or-Treating for this boy

I took the boys to get the H1N1 Vaccine yesterday. Andrew freaked out when I accidentally said the word "shot". I had to explain that getting a little shot was much better than getting really sick. He finally calmed down and ended up getting the nasal mist so it turned out to be pretty simple. Until later that night he started throwing up, running a fever and getting a very croupy cough. Poor boy was up most of the night. I guess he will be staying home from all Halloween festivities tonight.
Wasn't the vaccine supposed to prevent him from getting sick? I think this boy might be sensitive to vaccines in general. After his kindergarten shots he got really sick for 2-3 days.
Just FYI the other two boys are just fine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

bummer... I dont know if this is why he got sick but the H1N1 vaccine is a live virus.. so you are very likely to have mild symptoms for the first day or two?? no fun, but in a pandemic he will live!

jillpill said...

Sorry little man! Hope you feel better.

...at least you braved the crowds and made it to the vaccine clinic. I felt terrible and pregnant so I stayed home. My kids won't make it through the pandemic.

Head Over Hills said...

What a bummer! Poor guy! I remember when he got his kindergarten shots. I hope he feels better soon.

Emily said...

Sorry Andrew!! I wish you weren't sick. I hope you still had a good Halloween.