Friday, February 15, 2008

I have to explain this one :)




Some of you may have seen this. For those of you who have not it's quite inspiring.

Katy (my sis-in-law) sent this to us the other day. I took it quite seriously.
To read it click on the link below. You may want to do what I did. Print a copy and put it on your refrigerator as a constant reminder!



So the picture of Jacob is what needs some explaining.
I am always looking for ways to be a better wife and mother. When I read this it was like an Oprah "light bulb moment". So I quickly made preparations for Brent's homecoming that evening. I put on a dress and some bright red lipstick (I don't own a bow for my hair so I thought some lipstick would do the trick), had a delicious hot dinner on the table for Brent when he walked in the door. I failed at keeping the kids quiet part (that is a work in progress).
Brent thought it was hilarious. My boys thought I looked like a freak. They kept asking me if I had to go to a meeting. We didn't get a picture of me, but had to pull out the camera after kissing all the boys on the foreheads. They thought it was so funny.

1 comments:

Katy said...

so cute! Good idea Annie. I sent it to Ty and he was like... "looks like you have some work to do" isn't that ridiculous? I can't believe you dressed up... that is classic.
We miss you!
Katy