Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Andrew

Andrew turned 4 on May 27th. How is that possible? Why are all of my boys growing so fast?
Things I love about Andrew:
1. His craziness- no matter how serious the situation Andrew is always happy. You can't get mad at this boy...it's not possible.
2. His energy- Ever since he was a baby he has wanted to roll/crawl/walk/run faster than he is able. He has so much energy, but boy does he take great naps!
3. His sincerity- He will frequently at very random moment stop to tell me how much he loves me, or to thank me for some random thing that I have long forgotten. He is so sincere.
4. His ability to reason- This boy has never been a tantrum thrower. It is amazing to me how he always respects our decisions. If I don't let him have something he wants, his response goes something like this, "Oh, ok maybe later I could have that". I am constantly surprised at how laid back he is.
5. His politeness- He tries really hard to be polite. I have tried to teach him to say, "May I please have....". Whatever it is he is trying to be polite about he throws the word "may" in there as if that is the polite way to say anything. When he and Will start to argue over a toy he will say,"will you may not do that". Or if he wants something passed to him at dinner he will say,"can I may have some of that?" It makes me smile.
6.He is laid back- Details don't bother him. He has a girl in his primary class that shares his birthday. She sent him an invitation to her birthday party which happened to be a "princess" party. He is the only boy in that age group so the party would be all girls and him. The invitation said that all the girls would be dressed up in princess dresses but that he could dress as a prince if he wanted. So everything about this was a little worrisome for me. I was feeling so bad that his first birthday party invite he would have to turn down because it was a "girl" party. So, I approached it very delicately with him not wanting to stress the "princess" part. He was so excited. He had no reservations about any of the details of the party. He was thrilled to dress as a prince. I was so happy to see that the mother hosting the party actually made up some boy party favors for him. He had a wonderful time and didn't say one bad thing about his "princess" party.
7. He is so handsome- He has such beautiful skin (Thanks to Brent). He has such nice hair. He has beautiful eyes.
OK the list goes on, but I can not. I love Andrew so much and I am so happy that he is part of our family.

1 comments:

Head Over Hills said...

Cute blog! You have such great pictures. I love reading about your little family. Thanks for coming over tonight. We had a lot of fun. My kids love playing with your boys. Do you mind if I add you guys to my blog list? It makes it so much easier to check.