Friday, March 7, 2008

Thank You Twin Falls Public Library!

One of the few winter activities there is to do in Twin Falls, is to go to story time at the public library. Since November, the boys and I have been going to story time every Friday morning. The boys usually sit and listen to the stories while I walk around with Jacob finding books and movies to check out for the week. We have been pretty consistent at taking home about 40 books each week. Each week as I check them all out I promise myself that I won't get as many next week. Then as we return the books the following Friday I remind myself of how annoying it is to haul 40+ books in and out of the library with 3 boys, and again promise myself that this week we will cut the number in half. This week I actually stuck to my promise for the first time in 4 months. I only found about 25 books this time. When I went to check out they reminded me that I had a "couple" of books on hold. I remembered that Will and I had looked online a few weeks prior at all of the dinosaur book options, and placed them on hold for when they were available at our library. Well the "couple" of books they had on hold ended up being about 25 more books. So I set a record this week for the most items I have ever checked out at one time.
The library has a limit of 50 items and today we met that...exactly.
I must say that as annoying, and I must say, stressful, as it is to haul out that many books each week with my boys, I must say I am grateful for the blessing it is. Believe it or not we return each week having read all of our books. So, today I am thankful for resources like the library that give me the opportunity to spend quality time with my boys, regardless of how inconvenient it may be for a few moments. I am also thankful for wonderful boys who love to sit with their mom each day to read.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Wow! tons of books... I discovered yesterday and Lucy loves the Little Critter books... always nice to find another pass time for your child (don't you think?) I am weird, but I love returning books to the library. It is the same with items I purchased. I like returning things. I feel like I am freeing my life in some way. Getting the clutter out. Funny though, whenever I return mine, or Lucy's books, I just get more. Doesn't make sense, but 50 books in one trip would really do the trick for me. Maybe I will come to Twin and return them for you!
btw... the temple is beautiful, but I can't tell if it is your pictures that are awesome or the actual temple! :)
See ya

Shay said...

ha ha that is a TON of books I love your blog I got one too
www.smileysmoot.blogspot.com
go check it out
p.s. Your blog is great