Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Template

I am sure most of you bloggers out there know that it's not such a good idea to change your template all the time. (Before I go on I guess I should let you know that I am not the most intelligent blogger so there may be solutions to my annoyances that I am just not smart enough to have figured out. If that is the case feel free to fill me in on your blogging secrets so I don't continue having all of these problems.)

I had the brilliant idea at the beginning of the year to change my template with each holiday. What a good idea, right? That's why I have had my Valentine background on for so long. When I updated for Valentine's I learned a few things about my brilliant idea. The first thing I learned is that when you change your template, you erase all of your widgets and sidebars. So now, when I find the time, I will be redoing all of that. Second, it's just tough to find the "one" template that matches your personality/mood/lifestyle, without copying all of the cute ones that your family and friends already have. It's kinda like wearing the exact same shirt on the same day to the same place....that's embarrassing. So I have been looking at so many templates in preparation for the big day (today) when I finally take off the Valentine's template and do something more permanent. I really wanted to do something that was somewhat reflective of my family. Well I found the "one". It was love at first sight. I know some of you may be thinking, "what?" but those of you who know my family well, know that I have 3 dino loving boys. I don't think they will be spending too much time checking out our family blog enjoying the T-Rex, but I am happy to have found one that represents my family in one small way. I also don't think the copying thing will be an issue.
So, for now, and for the next long while, enjoy this dino page and think of my boys each time you check up on us.

2 comments:

Katy said...

fun... i like your background. Plus, if I were going to give your family a color... it would be blue, so it works well for me!

Eric and Jaime said...

All I have to say is, AMAZING!
I couldn't have picked it better myself. I just laughed and it just made me happy and reminded me of the most handsome, adorable little boys on the earth!