Monday, March 2, 2009

Thank you for blessing me with perspective today.

I have been in a bit of a grouchy mood the past couple of days. When I think of the possible reasons, I can't come up with anything that justifies my behavior. Adding to my bad mood is the fact that I am in a bad mood for no reason in particular. So this morning as I had an hour alone, (thank you mom for taking my kids so I could go grocery shopping) I said a prayer and told Heavenly Father that I was sorry for being such a baby. I expressed gratitued for all of my wonderful blessings and asked that I would be blessed with some perspective so that I could understand how blessed my life really is.

After being in the grocery store for 10 minutes I ran into a friend from my ward who I had not seen in church yesterday. I stopped to ask how she was doing and make sure things were ok. Come to find out, her father in law had a massive heart attack a few days earlier and almost died. She talked to me about how she was dealing with it all and what a difficult experience this has been.

That was such an obvious answer to my prayer. It is an amazing truth that we have a Father in Heaven who loves each one of us. He cares about each of us. He hears and answers our prayers no matter how big or small they may be. I most definately gained some perspective today. Surly the Lord has bigger issues to deal with like healing the sick, comforting those who have lost a loved one, revealing truth to those who may be seeking it, etc. Any issue is more significant than my bad mood, yet he answered me today. So I thank my Heavenly Father and my friend for blessing me with perspective today. To my friend, my prayers are now with you and your family durring this difficult time.

6 comments:

Katy said...

funny, I blogged about happiness today too... Glad you are feeling better.

love ya

DaLynn said...

It's amazing how our prayers are answered...

Brent H. Nielson said...

Thanks for the insight Annie.

You are great.

Love,

DAD

Kristen said...

I am so thankful for prayers, I find myself saying little prayers all the time. Your great, I love your family picture on the beach it is so beautiful.

Head Over Hills said...

I had one of those same experiences today. I'm so glad the Lord blesses me with opportunities for growth. Thanks for sharing.

katierasmussen said...

Yahoo you're blogging again! I have missed reading about your life. That is a great story you are such a great example! BTW I LOVE your new family pic!!!