Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First Summer Campout

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5216036719024011442" />

Last week Brent was gone overnight in Sun Valley for a Law conference. We were not able to join him because of some scheduling conflicts. I decided that the boys and I had to plan something super fun since dad was doing something super fun without us. So we decided to go camping. Yes, me and all 3 boys went camping without dad. How did I do it you ask? Well, we only had to travel as far as the backyard. The boys loved it. We read books together for a couple of hours until it got dark. Then we looked at the stars for a while. I have to be honest, I was not looking forward to sleeping on the hard ground when I had a nice comfortable bed ALL TO MYSELF. But I resisted the temptation of sneaking inside and actually spent the entire night in the tent with the boys. We had such a good time. The boys made me keep the tent up the next night so they could do it again.

If you are ever looking for cheap summer entertainment, camp in your own backyard.


5 comments:

Katy said...

so cute. Lucy is jealous of Andrew's george jammies. Oh... if only we had a backyard....sigh. Remember, no fun this weekend.

Katy said...

ps. THE PICTURES OF THE TEMPLE ARE AWESOME!

katierasmussen said...

You are such a good mom! Seriously your boys are so blessed!!

Head Over Hills said...

You are such a fun mom. What a great idea. My kids would love something like that. I'm taking the girls camping without Adam next week. We are going with my family. I'm not a big camper so I'm a little nervous. Hopefully we'll have fun. I love that picture of Andrew and Will. It's adorable!

Michelle said...

How cute! Kurt just went on a daddy son camping trip with our stake. He couldn't wait to go.