Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To All Twin Falls Stay At Home Moms!

Summer is here and I am thrilled. The past few days I have spent a lot of time outside with my boys enjoying the beautiful weather. Today it dawned on me that I am going to go a little crazy if I spend my entire summer without some adult interaction.

I have had a few experiences over the past few days that have made me realize that maybe I am not the only stay at home mom wanting something to do, but I don't know where to go to find out what's going on around town. I will be the first to admit that I stink at organizing play dates and other activities that involve people other than my family. If it involves getting on the phone and calling everyone I know...it's probably not going to happen. And so I am wondering from all of you stay at home moms, are there any resources out there that you know of that I can find out what is going on around town. Any mothers groups? Any blogs? If there are no resources, let's get some.

Does this sound like I am begging for friends? I was just thinking it might be nice to set up a blog where people can post activities that they know of going on every day. Then the mothers who want something to do can look at the blog and see who is doing what, where and when. What park is everyone going to today? Where is everyone eating for lunch? Who is having people over to run through the sprinklers? Who goes exercising in the mornings/ evenings and would like someone to go with them?

If you come across this blog and have any ideas or info for me please leave a comment. If there are enough people out there who feel the same way that I do in this town lets get something started and spread the word.

5 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

Hi Annie,

I know that at Cafemom.com that mothers are organized by cities and post things going on...I never checked for Twin Falls...but for Pocatello there was a group of moms that always posted there and got together...you can try looking there...but a Twin Falls Mom blog would be a good idea too. Good luck! I know there are a lot of fun moms in town who would have a blast getting together!

Head Over Hills said...

I think that would be a great idea. I never know of anything that is going on. I will try to let you know if I hear of anything. Let me know if you guys get bored some day. I know my girls would love to play.

Mary Clark said...

The only things I know is lunch in the park and we go to the library quite often. One fun thing to do each month is to go to Home Depot and let the kids build a project. It is the first Saturday of each month and the kids get a home depot apron. My kids love going and the projects are cool. This month we built a ship out of wood. It is worth trying. If you are bored dont hesitate to come over and play.

This is me said...

Okay, so I don't think we've ever met but our husbands know each other and I know your husband's family. Actually, I'm related to them in a round about way. Brent and I share cousins (Jenny, Erin, Brad, etc). Their dad and my dad are brothers. Anyway, I am moving to Twin Falls next week with my three kids (ages 5, 2 1/2, and 7 weeks). My husband will join us in August, after he takes the Bar Exam. He is going to work for a law firm in Twin.
Long story short, although our parents live in Twin, I don't have any friends there and I don't know what fun family things there are to do. I would love to meet you sometime and maybe our kids can hang out. Let me know. I look forward to it!

katierasmussen said...

I have an idea, move down by my me and we can play EVERYDAY!!! I wish:)